A tasty way to use up leftover ham
- 4 sheets pre-rolled frozen puff pastry
- 115 g softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Lightly Dried Basil, Gourmet Garden
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Stir-In Paste, Gourmet Garden
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- ½ cup chopped spinach (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. Set pastry aside to thaw.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, basil, garlic and 1 egg yolk (reserve the white) until blended. Stir in chopped cooked ham, spinach if using, and grated Parmesan.
- Cut an 18 cm circle from each piece of pastry.
- Place a quarter of the ham mixture across centre of each pastry circle. Mix reserved egg white with remaining egg and beat lightly. Brush around edge of pastry circle, fold pastry over and crimp edges with a fork to seal. Place on lightly greased baking tray.
- Brush remaining egg over pastries to glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if using. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Enjoy!